Kerry O’Reilly Wilks
Kerry O’Reilly Wilks is the Executive Vice President, Legal, Commercial & External Affairs at TransAlta where her portfolio spans legal, commercial, sustainability, government relations, regulatory, policy, stakeholder engagement, indigenous affairs, corporate secretarial, governance and trading compliance.
Prior to joining TransAlta, Kerry was Head of Legal, North Atlantic & UK, for Vale S.A. In this role, Kerry oversaw all issues of Vale’s business arising in North America and the UK. Kerry also sat as the Head of Legal, Corporate & Marketing, as well as the Global Chief Technology Counsel for Vale. In addition, Kerry occupied a senior strategic advisory role with Vale’s Asia-Pacific affiliates, including Vale S.A.’s public Indonesian affiliate, as Head of Legal, Asia Pacific. Prior to joining Vale, Kerry worked as a partner with Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP.
- Excellence Award, Canada Law Awards 2020
- Litigation Management Award, Canadian General Counsel Awards 2021
- Board of Directors, St. Michael’s Foundation
- Founder & Chairperson, Malachy’s Soire
- Founder & Chairperson, The East Coast Disruptors